6/29/2004

Weightwatchers pisser

I don't use Microsoft products because I don't trust them. I encourage others to not use software that can't be trusted. But there are companies out there exhibiting the grossest negligence in the way that they deploy their applications on the web. I don't let my kids ie Internet Explorer at all, I only let my wife use it a little bit.
She only uses it to visit the member's area of www.weightwatchers.com. This is only done because the assholes up there are towing the "Microsoft owns the web" line and they won't let you in if you don't have IE.

Well in the latest phising scam, we now have to be very careful about whom we visit with IE. At one time large companies could be trusted to protect themselves, well I just found out that Weight Watcher's is rinning IIS according to Netcraft What's That Site Running Results
"Microsoft says the exploit affected servers running Windows 2000 and IIS 5.0 server that are not fully patched against a bevy of security holes detailed in April, known collectively as MS04-011. The initial version of the patch included bugs that crashed Win2K systems. Microsoft posted a web page confirming the IIS issue and referring system admins to a knowledgebase article detaling the workarounds and fixes available for affected Win2K machines."

Now I very likely have to rebuild my wife's computer.

Great

Thanks

Just the way I wanted to spend my life. Cleaning up after Microsoft. I'm sick of this shit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home